The Glock pistol originated in Austria and has been in use since 1982. This semi-automatic pistol features: short recoil, tilting barrel and a locked breech. It is effective at ranges of up to 55 yards, which makes this weapon excellent for self-defense situations. Undoubtedly one of the most popular handguns ever made, as of 2007 Glock reported producing more than five million of these firearms to date. The Glock comes in several models, including the 17, 17L, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 and 39. They also offer the following calibers: 9x19, .40, 10mm Auto, .45 Auto, .45 G.A.P., .380 Auto and .357.
The following highlights the top 10 Glock accessories on today's gun market.
- Belt Clip - Techna Clip offers a Glock belt clip for both right and left side carry. It fits up to 15 different Glock models and offers the benefits of easy installation and the ability to clip anywhere.
- Tritium Night Sights - The Snake Eyes Tritium Night Sights option is ideal for close-quarters or self-defense situations. With a natural shooting position, this site allows shooters to quickly and effective hit their targets. With a minimal learning curve, these sites glow in low-light conditions and are made of high-quality 100-percent military grade metals.
- Trigger Guard - Made of durable Kydex plastic, this trigger guard is tough and extremely durable. This guard is designed for uncovered triggers, allowing shooters to quickly pull a cord and fire the weapon. Techna Clip offers two trigger guards: 19 and 23 and 26 and 27.
- Tactical Lights - Glock offers tactical lights, which help to illuminate low-light areas. The Glock Tactical Light was designed with cooperation from military Special Operations groups and boasts reliability, safety and tactical superiority. Tactical lights come in three models: GTL 10, GTL 21/GTL 22 and GTL 51/GTL 52.
- Gun Care Cloth - To help keep weapons looking new and firing well, it's essential that gun owners regularly clean guns. Helping to prevent oxidation, moisture and fingerprint oils, these cloths remove grime, rust and tarnish.
- Speed Loaders - The Glock Speed Loader makes loading high capacity magazines fast and simple.
- Magazine Pouch - This ensures that extra magazines are readily at hand.
- High-Capacity Magazine - Glock offers a high-capacity magazine that holds 33 rounds of 9mm ammunition of 22 rounds of .40-caliber ammunition. These are not permitted in California, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Washington D.C., Cook County, Illinois or Ohio (9mm magazine only).
- Stippled Grip - Giving shooters even more stability and grip, this helps prevent the Glock from slipping, making the grip almost tacky.
- SAF-T-BLOK - This accessory is a must-have to help prevent accidental discharge. Adding zero draw and fire time to the weapon, this is recommended for shooters using gun belt clips.