The latest news story this year highlights a company called PCD – Perceived Carry Decoys. PCD is launching a product line that focuses on selling fake pistols. Their company’s focus surrounds allowing people to pretend to own firearms “without the hassle of owning an actual firearm.”
Is anyone else confused? Upon further examination, their website claims that these items are used for the following reasons and/or benefits:
WHO ARE PCD DEVICES FOR?
- These devices are for those who wish to feel protected but do not want the hassle of owning an actual firearm
- PCD's require no background check or permit since they are not actual firearms
- Store doesn't have your favorite ammunition in stock.
- Want to wear in a parking lot and stow away in purse once you've reached your destination and not fear a discharge?
- Don't want the fear of young children finding a loaded weapon by mistake?
- Give your unarmed security staff a more authoritative presence
- Shop owners concerned about robbery
- Know someone who could benefit from carrying a handgun, but aren't safety conscious?
- Don't want to be approached by a criminal element?
- As you can see, the uses and possibilities are endless.
“Don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on something that may not be used? The all in one piece construction of these devices addresses all of these hurdles while still allowing for the benefits of open carry.”
These prop guns are not going to save any lives and in fact, can actually promote lawsuits and legal actions. When a robber sees a gun, he/she may act, but what happens when the open carry weapon happens to be a fake prop gun? The result is far from desirable and the outcome is preventable.
The best way for people to legally arm themselves is by obtaining concealed weapons permits. Every state has different laws and regulations and requirements, including fees and tests that must be passed, paid and completed before concealed weapon permits are granted to applicants.
Techna Clip is an innovative design leader that focuses on creating gun belt clips for real guns. These guns are available for LCP 380 holsters, the Ruger LC9 gun clip and other popular models, such as the Beretta, Glock, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson and Springfield. Unlike movie prop guns, these real life guns actually contribute to saving lives.