As hunting season across the United States gets into full swing, each individual state has different hunting regulations. Managed by each state’s Department of Natural Resources, popular hunting states include:Alaska
– Home to a wide assortment of wildlife, Alaska is popular for bison, black bears, brown bears grizzly bears, caribou, dall sheep, deer, elk, moose, mountain goat, muskox, small game and waterfowl.Colorado
– This Rocky Mountain state offers big game hunting, elk, mountain goat, mountain lions, turkey, waterfowl and small game, which include Columbian sharp-tailed grouse, dusky grouse, greater prairie-chicken, greater sage-grouse and mourning dove.Idaho
– This remote state offers big game hunting, including deer, elk, pronghorn antelope, black bear, mountain lion and wolf. Their trophy species include moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goat. The state also permits geese and duck hunting, including turkey, pheasant, grouse, chukar partridge, gray partridge, quail, rabbits, hares, American crow, falcons, hawks, eagles, owls, sandhill cranes, mourning doves, river otter, badger, beaver, fox, marten, mink, bobcat, muskrat and raccoon.Montana
– This Big Sky state is a hunter’s paradise. Featuring a wide variety of hunting, they permit antelope, beaver, bighorn sheep, bison, black bear, bobcat, common snipe, deer, elk, duck, coot, goose, grouse, marten, moose, mourning dove, mountain goat, mountain lion, otter, mink, muskrat, partridge, pheasant, sandhill crane, swan, swift fox, turkey, upland game bird, waterfowl, webless migratory bird, wolf and wolverine.New Mexico
– This state’s desert mountain terrain offers elk, wild turkey, deer, pronghorn antelope, band-tailed pigeon, sandhill crane, mule deer, cougar, bear, bighorn sheep, and elk hunting.Utah
– Offering a variety of big game, including black bear, cougar, falconry upland game and waterfowl hunting.Washington
– This state offers deer, elk, bear, cougar, duck, goose, pheasant, quail, grouse, partridge and dove.Wyoming
– This remote state issues permits for hunting bison, elk, deer, antelope, bighorn sheep, moose, mountain goat, mountain lion, sage grouse, sharp-tailed grouse, pheasant, turkey, mourning dove, sandhill crane, waterfowl, cottontail rabbit, snowshoe hare and squirrel.
Most states require draws, permits and special licenses to hunt different species. Many hunters apply for a special trophy permit each year, only to be drawn once in their lifetime. Many states have certified outfitters who can help out-of-state residents locate big game, making for a productive hunting adventure.
Techna Clip offers excellent protection, including LCP Ruger accessories, SIG P238 belt clips and gun cleaning cloths. Carrying a pistol is advisable when on a big hunt, especially in vulnerable wilderness areas.