Among many concealed carry owners, their favorite accessories are the tried and true classic holsters. With so many different holsters on the market, concealed carry options are nearly limitless. A matter of personal taste and comfort, there are several popular concealed carry methods. It is advisable that concealed carry permit holders check with their individual state regulations to confirm which types are legally acceptable.
Often times, body size dictates the comfort of different concealed carry methods. Techna Clip highlights these options, as noted below:
- 6 O’Clock – This position includes placing a holster at the small of the back. To easily remember the “o’clock” position, the front of the abdomen is 12 o’clock, the right hip is 3 o’clock, the small of the back is 6 o’clock and the left hip is 9 o’clock.
- In Waistband – Known as IWB, this method involves carrying the concealed firearm inside the pant’s waistband. This type of holster is extremely popular.
- Belt Holster – The most common form of holster is the belt holster, which is generally worn outside the pants, but attaches to the belt. These come in several options, including leather or plastic.
- Small of Back – Known as SOB, this is the same as the 6 o’clock position. While it allows weapons to be virtually invisible under clothing, it’s extremely uncomfortable for driving or sitting.
- Appendix Carry – Resting at the 2 o’clock position, this method works best with small to medium sized firearms. This method essentially involves tucking the weapon into the waistband.
- Shoulder Holster – An excellent choice for those who wear bulky coats, many brands offer adjustable straps. This option isn’t necessarily practical in warm climates or during spring or summer months.
- Purse – Some women prefer to carry their concealed weapon in their purses; however, a disadvantage is that the weapon is not nearby if there is a personal attack or emergency.
- Ankle Holster – These are most often used with small firearms, as they secure to the lower leg and are covered by long pants.
- Thigh Holster – Most popular with women, the thigh holster is perfect for dressy occasions that require wearing a skirt or dress.
- Bra Holster – Also a popular option for women, this type of holster attaches to the center part of the bra.
Techna Clip offers an excellent alternative to traditional holsters. Their holsters eliminate unnecessary bulk, are extremely easy to conceal, are super lightweight, allow for fast quick draws and are easy to install. An advantage with this type of holster is that guns can literally be concealed anywhere – in a pocket, attached to a belt, etc. The options are nearly limitless. Techna Clip offers several popular holster models, including the P238 belt clip, Ruger LC9 gun clip and the LCP 380 holster.