The National Shooting Sports Foundation is America’s largest organization that focuses on the hunting and shooting industries. The foundation offers a program, Project ChildSafe, which helps focus on gun awareness and safe gun handling practices.
The popular Project ChildSafe program give parents gun locks and teaches both children and parents about the importance of practicing gun safety at all times. One of the gun safety items they offer is a cable lock, which makes the gun inoperable – and safe around young children – until the lock is removed.
Founded in 1999, the National Shooting Sports Foundation has helped local and nationwide gun owning communities. They have even recruited local police departments to offer monthly training to residents, which are open to the public.
These classes simply serve as an awareness tool to help gun owners become more familiar with their weapons and teach appropriate gun safety. These classes also focus on local gun laws, including safely storing weapons, open carry, concealed carry and much more. The cost for these classes is minimal and the learning experience makes a life-long impact on adults, parents and children.
Gun owners should consider taking a structured firearms training course, which helps teach gun safety tips, offers gun specific recommendations, classroom training and even allows participants time on the firing range.
Basic firearm safety tips include the following:
- When picking up a gun, always check to see if the weapon is loaded.
- Even if a gun is unloaded, always point the muzzle in a safe direction, away from people.
- All firearms should be unloaded when not in use.
- Gun owners should never rely on their gun’s “safety” feature.
- Always keep ammunition and weapons stored separately. Firearms should be placed in a secure location, such as a locked gun cabinet, fingerprint safe, etc.
- Parents need to teach children to never play with guns and always report finding a firearm to adults.
For gun owners that pursue concealed carry, Techna Clip offers several concealed carry solutions that are affordable, convenient and comfortable. The Ruger LC9 belt clip is a best seller and receives outstanding reviews. They also carry a PUG holster mount, a conceal carry kit and the popular Ruger LCP 380 belt clip.
Additional popular models include the Sig P238 belt clip, Sig P938 model holster and the PUG holster mount. Other exceptional gun belt clips include the Glock, Smith & Wesson and Springfield.